Weather Forecasting Department ( WF ) in IMD is concerned with Analysed Weather Charts, where all the charts are manually marked minutely with everydays events and weather parameters, this Research and Scientific selected on Daily basis and recorded in various RC's and RMC's .. [Read More]
- 1. Choose year
- 2. Choose season
- 1. Winter (Jan , Feb),
- 2. Pre monsoon(March to May )
- 3. monsoon (June to Sept )
- 4. post monsoon (Oct to Dec)
- 3. Choose month
- Monsoon: -month-date
- a) Progress of monsoon: new areas of monsoon advance(NLM) A comment can be added whether the duration of monsoon advance is normal/ delayed/advanced. The dates of onset of monsoon at the major stations against the normal can be given ina tabular form to know whether the onset was normal/ delayed/ advanced/.
- a) need not be considered after the onset is complete.
- b) Position of monsoon trough : places through which the trough passes
- c) Active / break monsoon phases: mention the areas wherever necessary.
- d) Withdrawal :: areas from which the monsoon with draws need be mentioned..
- e) Rainfall pattern: areas under each category where rain or thundershowers occurred in different categories such as at the most places, many places, a few places and at isolated places
- f) West coast trough: the presence or absence of this trough may be given. . when it is present the position of its extension is to be given.
- g) LOpar and monsoon depression: the datesof lopar/ depression is to be displayed firs when the month is chosen. Here the convention followed is that the lopars in any given month are given numbers as 1,2,3…. 5. To avoid confusion in identifying the low in which month it formed the month is given as the second number In labelling the system, For example L16 menas the first low in June, L 38 means the third low in the month of August . The depressions ae labelled as D 1 7or D 3 9 as the case may be . The meaning is the same as in the case of lows. But when a system is labelled as D it is not counted in the lowscategory as the depression develops from the low.... In each case the corresponding 03 UTC surface chart can be tagged during the life cycle of each system. For MTC and Tibetan anticyclone case the corresponding 500 hPa chart is to be tagged, For the ridge line 250hpa chart and for TEJ bot 150hPa and 100 hPa charts can be tagged. So that when one looks at the phenomenon he would simultaneously view the chart.The user can choose the lopar/ depression in which he is interested. If the depression develops over land label it as LD. Then the history of the lopar/depression from its birth to its dissipation , it upper sir extension (if could be seen) and its further movement is described.